Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Golf for Fun???

I just wanted to do a random golf post, because based on the weather forecast, this may be all I get to do for quite a while.

Last Friday, along with 3 friends from work, I went golfing at a local course. I always feel fortunate when I get to golf in October or November, so I was just glad to be out there. The weather was perfect, about 70 degrees with no wind. We chose to play a relatively easy course because it has fewer trees, so less leaves laying on the ground to obscure golf balls.

I had a really good, relaxing time, probably because I was just glad to be out there and had no expectations on my score. This may surprise some of you, but occasionally, I take golf too seriously. ; - )

Anyway, to make a long story short, I finished with a 72 (even par). Now, I've shot better scores than that before, especially on that course, but what amazed me, was how easy it seemed. I didn't even feel like I was playing all that well...but I was relaxed, laughing, and I just kept making pars.

You know, there might be something to this relaxing and having fun on the golf course. Hopefully I can take that attitude into next golf season. I know I'll enjoy myself more, and who knows, maybe I'll even play better golf!

No comments: