Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Night


Alright, so one of the reasons I started this blog is I wanted to write some political commentary. This will not be the entire focus of this blog, I promise.

So, here we are on election night. Based on the polls, our country is about to elect Barack Obama President of the United States. As I'm sure you all know, my political leanings are way to the right of Mr. Obama, so I'm pretty disappointed that this is the case. I hope I am wrong and I hope the polls are wrong. I hope I wake up tomorrow and John McCain is the next President.

I could write paragraphs on what I think is wrong with Obama, but it won't do any good at this point, so I'll just say that he didn't get my vote, and I pray he won't do too much damage to this country should he win.

I'd like to address the media's coverage of this election. I believe the media has been criminal in their reporting of this election. The media has a duty to report the news to the people and inform the people. This election year, we know more about Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin's brother-in-law than we do about Barack Obama. There's always been a liberal bias in the media, at least as long as I've been paying attention, but this year it has been taken to a whole new level. Most of the media, especially MSNBC, has been an advertisement for Obama. They've ignored or buried stories about Obama, while digging like crazy to find whatever they could about John McCain and Sarah Palin.

I firmly believe many of the problems in this country can be traced to the 24 hours news media and their unwillingness, with a few exceptions, to report the whole truth to the people and let them make their own decisions on what to think.

There, that's the end of my first political post. I will ramble some more later about other topics. Now, I'm off to choir practice.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I understand your position / post. I am a conservative Christian as well. So I know and can understand your disappointment. However, I have really been praying and turning an ear to God about this lately... and I gave this election over to him a few weeks or so ago. My leanings are more along this line of this guy: Steve Deace... http://www.whoradio.com/pages/stevedeace.html. He is brutally honest... beware.
I have believed for a long time that McCain is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I don't believe he would have ever stood up for the Christian cause. That is not to say that I am happy that Obama is president.
Regardless, we need to give this over to God. He had his hand on the election last night; he has his hand on everything. Put your faith and trust in him that he can do something good with the next four years... or at the very least, he will help us through it. ;) I hope you realize this was not meant to chastize; simply meant to share a fellow Christian's view. -- erin

Erin said...

You wrote this: "I firmly believe many of the problems in this country can be traced to the 24 hours news media and their unwillingness, with a few exceptions, to report the whole truth to the people and let them make their own decisions on what to think."

This I agree with 100%. The media is too biased anymore and puts their own spin on things too much to gain the vote they want.

Additionally... I wish people would disregard the media more and vote their conscious; vote their beliefs. I feel that we would have had someone BETTER than McCain as a candidate... someone who really could have been a good example for the rest of us... anyway. Now I am the rambling one. :)

erin