Saturday, February 14, 2009

Movie Review: Man on Fire


"Man on Fire" has been in my Netflix queue since I joined Netflix. It's never made it to the top because there have always been other movies I wanted to see. Plus, lately I've felt that Denzel Washington has slipped into the "not as good as he used to be" category.

However, today I came down with a bug. We've been passing it around our house, and I guess it's my turn. So, I spent all morning in bed, and watched "Man on Fire" on FX. Even though this movie has quite a lot of violence that's a bit gory, I really enjoyed the movie. I give it 4 stars.

The story centers around the relationship that develops when John Creasy (Denzel) is hired to be the bodyguard for a little girl (played by Dakota Fanning) in Mexico City. The 2 develop quite the relationship, and then Fanning's character is kidnapped. So, as happens in these movies, Denzel goes on a rampage to take revenge on her kidnappers.

This ended up being one of Denzel Washington's better recent performances, and Dakota Fanning is very talented for a child actor. You definitely have to be in the right mood to watch "Man on Fire" as it is violent, and the cinematography is different...a good different, but different nonetheless.

No comments: