Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Snuggie

Over the past several days, we have seen a commercial for "The Snuggie" several times. The Snuggie is a blanket with sleeves. They added sleeves because the traditional blanket makes it too difficult to answer the phone, handle the TV remote, and eat a snack while still staying warm. The Snuggie's sleeves allow the wearer to keep the blanket on, while eating, talking on the phone and handling the TV remote.

I'm sure that some people will buy a Snuggie. Heck, at only $19.99 plus shipping and handling for 2 Snuggies and 2 book lights, I was intrigued. Then I got to thinking...if your arms are cold, why can't you just wear a long sleeve shirt? I mean, is it so imperative to wear short sleeves and have a blanket on? It just makes no sense to me.

The worst part is, both my kids want one. I'm finding that my kids are very susceptible to TV advertising. In the last year, we've "had to have" a Snuggie, Oxyclean, Flomax (yes, Flomax) and the Pancake Puff maker. Fortunately, we haven't purchased any of these. Hopefully my wife and I can help them grow out of this as they get older...otherwise, they'll end up with all sorts of TV infomercial stuff.

What's the point of all this? There is no point really. It just popped in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it back, Jake! The Snuggie is awesome!

Erin said...

Oh, my gosh! I am so glad you posted about this...! Thank you for reminding me about the Snuggie! I saw the Snuggie infomercial a few months back... and I'll admit, I laughed so hard that I cried. What was even funnier to me was that it only came in two very disgusting colors... I mean, come on people. It's cheap fleece. Cheap fleece comes in about 500 colors... not two. I've never seen anything more ridiculous in my life! Ha, ha, ha!!!