Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas...it's still the Christmas Season after all!

Merry Christmas!!!

I know, I'm a day late. Yesterday I had a self-imposed no computer day. I even left the TV off for most of the day, which my wife will tell you is a huge accomplishment. I just wanted to focus on God and family yesterday. After all, God and family are supposed to be the 2 most important parts of my life, so I should be able to put them ahead of the Lakers/Celtics match up on ABC.

Yesterday we went to Christmas morning mass, and the place was packed! In the past, the morning mass has been very lightly attended (most people go on Christmas Eve), but this year, our parish moved the time back 1 hour, and bammo, full house! While parking was stressful, it was heartwarming to see all my fellow Christians gathered together to celebrate Christ's birth.

Then, we had a family day yesterday. The kids spent a lot of it playing with new toys and reading new books. We had a very nice supper. Prior to eating, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. This is a tradition my wife started a few years ago. Originally, I thought it was corny, but now I can't imagine Christmas without it.

At bed time, my son said that it was too bad Christmas is over. We reminded him that the Christmas season is not over until the Epiphany, so the season will continue until January 6th. We started the tradition of leaving our tree up until the Epiphany, just as a reminder of the entire holy season.

I hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas Day, and continues to have a wonderful Christmas season.

No comments: