Thursday, January 1, 2009

Movie Review: Eagle Eye


"Eagle Eye" was one I really wanted to see this summer, but just never made it to the theater. So, I had fairly high expectations of this movie, and it didn't disappoint. It's another in the long line of 4 star movies that I've been watching. Even my wife liked it, in fact, she may have liked it more than me.

"Eagle Eye" stars Shia Labeouf in the lead role, Jerry Shaw. Jerry's a lifelong slacker, who, after returning home from his Twin Brother's funeral, finds an apartment full of explosives and weapons. Shortly after, he gets a phone call from a mysterious woman who begins giving him odd instructions. At first, Jerry resists the orders, but quickly finds out that non-compliance could lead to his death. The instructions from the mysterious woman lead Jerry on an adventure that takes him deep into a plot involving the highest ranking members of the US Government.

I'm really starting to like Shia Labeouf as an actor. At only 22 years old, he's been in a ton of different movies, and I've enjoyed most of them I've seen. Billy Bob Thornton, Rosario Dawson, Ethan Embry and Michelle Monaghan round out the cast. I hadn't seen Monaghan in anything else, but found she was very good as the female lead in "Eagle Eye".

"Eagle Eye" is definitely a must see for all action/thriller movie buffs. I would recommend it to anyone who even remotely likes action movies. It's rated PG-13, but it's probably closer to an R rating. I wouldn't let anyone under 14-15 years old watch this one.

No comments: