Thursday, December 30, 2010

TV Series Review: Psych, Season 5


"If you watch only one show...on Wednesday night...around 10 pm, make it this one!"

Yes, we are now 5 seasons into one of the greatest TV series in the history of TV..."Psych". Our heroes, fake psychic Shawn Spencer and his sidekick Burton Guster are back for more crime solving hysteria, only this time, they decided to throw in a few more serious Shawn moments.

Overall, I loved this season, though I found there were more "clunker" episodes than in past seasons. There were also some significant high points, such as the return of Cary Elwes as the uber thief Pierre Despereaux and the season's greatest episode, "Not Even Close Encounters" guest starring Freddie Prinze Jr. as a gigantic nerd. Also, in continuing to pay homage to the 80's and 90's, the writers brought in spoof episodes of "Twin Peaks" and "Police Academy." Overall, lots of good stuff, making this another 5 star season.

I do have to admit that I'm starting to get concerned. I don't see how they can keep this going for more than another season or 2. Some of the episodes were starting to seem like a reach. But, there were enough good shows to keep me wanting more, so I guess season 5 was a success. Can't wait for season 6 to start next summer.

No comments: