Thursday, February 18, 2010

Movie Review: The Seeker, The Dark is Rising


I've been interested in reading the "The Dark Is Rising" series of books by Susan Cooper. So, in that vain, I decided to watch the movie, "The Seeker, The Dark is Rising." What a disappointing movie! This is 2 stars, and a don't see film.

I had 2 main problems:

1) The plot - Lots of things started happening, and then just went nowhere. It appeared to me that the writer of the screenplay had no idea how to cut the book down to a 100 minute movie.

2) The acting - The kid who played Will Stanton was not good. I know good child actors are hard to find, so I usually try to look past it, but I couldn't do it with this movie.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the books. I have read several reviews that mention that the movie cut out everything good about the book, so maybe I'll still the first book in the series a shot.

No comments: