Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making a Bad Pizza Better

I really don't like Papa John's pizza. Of the major pizza chains, it's my least favorite pizza. I really enjoy Papa Murphy's, and Pizza Hut is good at times too. Even Dominoes has it's moments.

The problem is, I bowl in a league with coworkers every Tuesday at noon. Being lunch time, the league brings in Papa John's pizza. So, if I want to bowl, I'm stuck eating Papa John's for 24 straight Tuesdays. By the end of the year, I can barely choke down my slices of Pepperoni and Sausages pizza. That has been the way it's gone for the last 2-3 years.

Hopefully everything changed on Tuesday. A couple of weeks ago, a friend introduced me to Tabasco sauce on pizza. This was on his homemade pizza, which was delicious, so there really wasn't a need for the Tabasco, but it was good nonetheless. On Tuesday, I saw some Tabasco sauce at the food counter at the bowling alley, so I put some on my pizza...figuring it couldn't taste any worse. Well, it tasted so much better!!! The Tabasco masked the bad flavors and amplified the good. Add in some red pepper flakes, and there was a flavor explosion!

I liked it so much that I'm going to pick up a bottle of Tabasco to keep in my fridge. Hopefully I can find other foods to add this little gem of a condiment to.

1 comment:

Four Hours from Anywhere said...

If you ever get stuck having to grab lunch from the cafeteria, Tabasco can be your taste buds BFF.