Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Good Use of Taxpayer Money

Today, the family and I went to play at a local park, which had flooded the last 2 summers. The park sits on a little creek, which occasionally flash floods. After the last flood, the city installed new playground equipment, and let me tell you...it may be the coolest playground equipment in history.

The main playground equipment has 1 gigantic slide and several smaller slides off its 3 levels. It also has 2 climbing walls, and several tubes and such to crawl through. There is also a smaller set of equipment for littler kids. And, there are 2 swing sets. The kids played for over 90 minutes and had a blast.

This is a rare case when I am happy with the use of my tax dollars. This makes 3 things that I'm happy to pay taxes for:

1) Roads...the Interstate System is genius
2) Military Funding
3) Playground Equipment and parks in general (municipal golf courses count as parks, don't they?)

I guess I'll have to change my favorite saying from "The only things the government does well is build roads and blow things up" to "The only things the government does well is build roads, blow things up, and build playground equipment."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious which park this is at. Might like to go there sometime.

Jake said...

Sorry, I don't tell anonymous people where we play at the park.

Mosey03 said...

The above comment was mine. I'm Bob's wife.

Jake said...

I'll let Bob know at work. I still don't know if I want that information on my blog. I'm a little paranoid that way. Hope you understand.

Mosey03 said...

Sure, no problem.