Friday, November 27, 2009

The Best Movie Ever!!!


A running joke at work, to my coworkers at least, is that I think "Batman Begins" is the best movie ever. I just really enjoyed that movie...so much that I call it the best movie ever. That is until Wednesday of this week, when I realized that the new "Star Trek" had become the new best movie ever!!!

I bought "Star Trek" on Saturday and have watched it 3 times since then. I plan on watching it again tonight with a friend. I love the new direction that J.J. Abrahms has taken the "Star Trek" franchise. Of course, I'm not a Trekkie, so I wasn't offended by the changes. I just love the new look of the Enterprise interior...not nearly as "clean" as in prior movies and TV series. I love the camera work, the action, and I like the new actors playing the old characters. I especially like Chris Pine as James T. Kirk, Simon Pegg as Montgomery Scott and Karl Urban as Bones. Also, Zachary Quinto is a pretty good Spok. It's just a great film.

For those who think I'm fickle, changing my favorite all the time, I kept "Batman Begins" for nearly 5 years. Prior to "Batman Begins", "Braveheart" was my all time favorite for 9 years. So, it takes a lot to move to the top of my list.

If you haven't watched "Star Trek" yet, you have to check it out. This is a must, must, must see.

No comments: