Saturday, July 4, 2009

Book Review: "The Sorceress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel"


Book #3 in "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series, by Michael Scott, is another fast paced magical adventure. Flamel and the Twins are in London, while Flamel's wife Perenelle remains trapped on Alcatraz.

There are a series of really good battles, intermixed with more time to get to know the characters. This book is the longest of the 3, and it's definitely the slowest paced, though it's still moving very quickly.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first 2, though I still liked it. Some of the characters are beginning to annoy me at times, especially Josh. I did like the introduction of 2 new characters in this book, and hope they reappear in later books. I await book #4, which I think will be released next year. Hopefully the characters will continue to grow, and the things that are starting to annoy me will fade away.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I got book #2 for Father's Day. I did not realize that #3 was out, too. Doh!