Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Sad Week

In a week that saw us lose Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, the loss that hits me the hardest is the passing of Billy Mays.

Billy Mays was the American Dream personified. He found something that he loved to do, pitching products, and he went out and did it better than anyone else. He was an over the top, larger than life personality who sold everything from Oxi-Clean to the Big City Slider Station. Recently, he's been appearing on Discovery Channel's Pitchmen, where he, and fellow pitch man, Anthony Sullivan would evaluate different inventions and decide what would sell and what wouldn't.

My favorite Billy Mays commercials were the commercials for ESPN360.com. The best line was "THE SECRET IS IN THE INTERNET CONNECTION! LIVE SPORTS TRAVEL ALONG THIS WIRE TO THE BACK OF YOUR DESK TOP!" Mays will be missed by all of us that loved his boisterous, TV pitchman personality.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This has nothing to do with Billy Mays, but for some reason (which I am sure is really stupid and I don't know), your post made me think about the Snuggie. Did you get mail from me? Check your mailbox at work!!! I saw an article and HAD to send it to you...!