Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back from Vacation!

We got back from our week long vacation this afternoon around 3 p.m. We made good time today...as a man, I love to say that.

Overall, we had a great week off. We saw a lot of family, ate lots of good food, and I got to play a fair amount of golf. Though, my play was terrible. However, even a bad day of the golf course is better than my best day at the office. ; - )

Some of the highlights of my week:
  • Playing Nintendo Wii with my wife and kids.
  • Taking my kids to Melgaard Park in Aberdeen, SD.
  • Celebrating Amanda's birthday with family on Sunday.
  • Sleeping in!
  • Achieving pro status as a bowler on Wii Sports.
  • Eating 16 buffalo wings at Shenanigan's in Aberdeen, SD...and not breaking a sweat. I've still got it!
  • Going to a Bull Head Fish Fry at Buffalo Lake in extreme Northeast South Dakota. It was DELICIOUS!
  • Taking my dog for several long walks.
  • Playing 54 holes of golf.
  • Seeing most of my mom's side of the family yesterday.
  • Learning about GPS guidance systems on Tractors from my cousins who are engineers/farmers. Yes, I am an engineering nerd!
  • Reading a new book...blog post to come on that later in the week.

Lots of other really good family times, too numerous to mention.

One other really good thing about vacation is I totally don't pay attention to what is going on in the world, which is probably a good thing. I hear that we sent some Gitmo Detainees to Bermuda. I don't even know what to say about that. I also read that the Iranian President probably stole an election...why are we surprised about that? Free elections in Iran are a joke, anybody with common sense knows that.

Anyway...it was a great week! It's good to be back home, though getting up early and going to work tomorrow will be tough. I'm sure I will have a lot to catch up on, and we have a busy week ahead on the home front. But having such a great week last week makes everything seem worth it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a good time! That's wonderful to hear! :)

Julia and I are off to Sunny Southern California this week (Wed - Sun). Looking forward to that...!

erin

Nuke said...

I made sure I got virtually nothing done for you while you were gone. Should be a fun-filled Monday. :P