Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Wiik

We're staying with Amanda's parents this week, and they have a Wii. This is the first time I've played Wii, and I think it's great. The problem though is, I'm a wimp! I've been doing a lot of Wii Bowling, Wii Tennis, Wii Baseball and Wii Golf. I haven't tried Wii Boxing yet. Anyway, I'm so sore! My right arm and shoulder are as sore as they were when I first started working out. It's sad and pathetic, I know.

My review of Wii Sports is that the Bowling and Tennis are great fun. The bowling is actually a fair facsimile of the real game. Tennis is a lot of fun, and not too hard to pick up. Golf on the other hand is ridiculous! If you have ever swung a golf club, you will struggle at this game. If you swing too hard (too hard = faster than 25 mph), the ball goes crooked. You also only have 4 clubs to choose from. I would love to try Tiger Wood Golf. As far as baseball, I'm as bad at the Wii version as I am at the real version. Yesterday I got no hit by the computer.

The other fun game we've been playing is Big Brain Academy. It's a series of Brain Activities, designed for all ages, but especially for kids. Yesterday, I took the Brain Test and got a C++. It's tough, because it's based on speed and accuracy. I can usually figure out which picture is different, or which complex shape matches, but I have to take my time. Anyway a really fun game.

The best part of the Wii, is that the whole family has been playing together. I think that this Christmas, my family may have to get a Wii.

3 comments:

Bob said...

"Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" is the game that really made me sore, especially the "running" games (because you use your arms to "run" and they're not really designed for that). We love our Wii, especially for group gaming; we don't play it much (or ever) at home by ourselves (maybe when Noah is older we will). If you do end up getting one, there's folks around that have lots of games for it that you can try out before you go buy a bunch of stuff that you don't like. And yes, the golf in Wii Sports sucks big time.

Sean Smith said...

We got Wii fit a few weeks ago, and I've only missed one day in the last 19! Already feeling better and starting to drop a few pounds! Wii rocks!

Anonymous said...

That entry title is too cool! I wish I could think of some word to use double i in for praise, but I can't. So, all I can say is, I love the title!