Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The T.O.T.U.S.

What is the T.O.T.U.S.? Why, its the Teleprompter of the United States, of course. Rush Limbaugh coined that term today to describe President Obama's teleprompter. Perhaps you've heard P.O.T.U.S. (President of the United States) before. All week long, Rush has been giving life to Obama's Teleprompter, by saying things such as "The Teleprompter told Obama to say...", "Does the Teleprompter have a name?" and so on. It's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Making it all the more funny is a little tidbit from Sky News. Last night, at a St. Patrick's Day Party there was a teleprompter malfunction, and the wrong speech was displayed. President Obama didn't realize it soon enough, and ended up thanking himself for putting on the event. Slightly embarrassing.

Now, far be it from me to question this behavior too much. President Bush could have used a teleprompter to save himself from quite a few embarrassing moments. But, it appears to me that President Obama is too reliant on the teleprompter. Eventually, he'll have to sit down with foreign leaders, and during these meetings, he won't have a teleprompter.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who has noticed. I found the following website, devoted to "The Teleprompter President."

http://www.teleprompterpresident.com/

Update: 3/19/09
I couldn't resist adding a new blog to my list of blogs I follow. Apparently, the T.O.T.U.S. has its own blog. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nuke said...

I was watching a few of those youtube clips last weekend... too funny. Thanks for the link, since it has even more I hadn't seen yet. The Obama Zombies clip is hilarious! :)