Thursday, March 19, 2009

Haiku

Tonight, Nicholas (my the 5 year old) was attempting to make up a Haiku. He was very carefully counting on his fingers, making sure he was following the 5, 7, 5 syllable phrases. After I got over the shock of a 5 year old attempting a Haiku (how many 5 year olds do that?), I listened to what he was saying. Unfortunately, I can't recall it all, but it didn't make much sense. I remember the word 'butt' ended the first phrase. The final 5 syllable phrase was "The couch is Brow-un." Hey, he's trying, and that's a good thing, although our couch isn't brown or brow-un.

However, this encounter made me think of one of the funnier things I've ever read. It was a Haiku that a coworker had in his office, written by his daughter. Here it is...

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

I hope you found that as funny as I did. If not, read it again. If it's still not funny, then I can't help you.

No comments: