Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Sort of Super Sunday

Today was a big day at our house. My wife and I are both big football fans, and we made plans to watch the Super Bowl together.

Of course, first thing we had to do on Sunday was go to church. It was a good mass, the kids were good and we got in some good fellowship with friends afterward. Plus, we got a see a Smart Car that a friend just bought. Pretty neat actually...not much bigger than a golf cart, but lots of room.

After we got home, we spent time with the kids, watched golf, took naps, etc. Normal Sunday stuff. About 5, we got the food out. We had little smokies, salmon on crackers with lemon pepper seasoning, chips and salsa, and some veggies. I also bought Root Beer for the occasion because David and I like Root Beer. Of course, I ate WAY too much, and am still regretting it some 3 1/2 hours later.

The game itself was a really great game, except for one thing. The Arizona Cardinals lost. Now, being Broncos fan, I would normally root for the AFC representative in the Super Bowl, which was the Pittsburgh Steelers. But, living in Iowa like we do, we were rooting for Kurt Warner to win another Super Bowl. The game was really good. Pittsburgh was up 20-7 entering the 4th quarter. The Cardinals played an awesome quarter and went ahead 23-20 with about 2 minutes and 30 seconds left. Unfortunately, there was too much time left on the clock and the Steelers scored the go ahead touchdown with 35 seconds remaining. The Cardinals had one last shot, but didn't get it done. The game ended 27-23 in favor of the Steelers. An exhilarating game with a disappointing ending. Oh well, there's always next year...hopefully the Broncos will be there. I know one thing for sure...next year I won't eat so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to have Deke (the proper name for my smart) make it into your blog. I know you only talk about important things, and I'm glad Deke, and by extension me, made the cut!

Jake said...

I do what I can to make all 4 people who read my blog fell like they are a part of it.

Jake said...

that should be feel, not fell.