Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Review: Push


Today was a good day. I went to see a movie in the theater, which I rarely do.

"Push" was not the movie I expected it to be. I was expecting an over the top action thriller, chock full of awesome special effects, along the lines of "Jumper". What I got was an action movie, with some good special effects, but not with the over the top nature I expected. However, the movie was still surprisingly awesome, getting an easy 4 stars.

"Push" has far more character interaction and bonding than I would expect from a normal, action movie. The relationship between our hero, Nick Gant (played by Chris Evans) and 13 year old Cassie (played by Dakota Fanning) really builds throughout the movie. The plot has enough twists and turns to keep you interested, and I can honestly say that I didn't see the ending coming.

If you go into this film with the right expectations, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect to be blown away by the action and effects.

No comments: