Friday, December 5, 2008

Miscellaneous end of week thoughts

Just a few minor things to get out there today.

O.J. Simpson's going to jail. Did anybody not think this was coming? I was watching ESPN's Sportcenter tonight, and it was almost like they were shocked. Maybe it's just a slow news day.

Boxing - While watching the same ESPN Sportscenter, they showed a live weigh-in for a boxing match. I can honestly say that, other than all the Rocky movies, I've never watched a boxing match in my life. I just don't think any real movie can match up to Rocky, so I don't even try.

George W. Bush - This week I heard a lot on talk radio about W's legacy. I really don't think he cares that much, to be honest. I think he's looking forward to getting back to Texas and being an ex-President.

Here's what I'll remember about Bush 43. I'll remember that, domestically, he wasn't very good. For too long he let Congress have whatever they wanted. Spending ballooned and this country drifted farther left on the domestic front under George W. Bush. I'll remember that he dealt with more hate from the political left and the media of this country than any President should have to endure. I'll also remember that he was absolutely the correct man to lead our country in the days and months following 9/11. He's a good man, he loves his country, he was a bulldog on national defense, and he was a respected commander-in-chief. That's what I'll remember and that's what I'll teach my kids about our 43rd President.

No comments: