Monday, December 1, 2008

Political Apathy

I haven't been doing many political blogs. I've done far fewer than I thought I would at this point in my blogging life. I've been wondering why that is, and I think it's because I'm politically apathetic at this point. In a little over a month, the Democrats will have near total power in the Federal Government. They already have near total power where I live. I just find myself not caring very much right now.

For instance, I really should have a strong opinion about Hillary Clinton as Secretary or State, but I just don't care. I actually find myself sort of glad Obama picked her...he could have done much worse. Hillary has become sort of a sympathetic figure to me. Don't misunderstand me, I would NEVER vote for her, but I do feel a bit sorry for her. All she ever wanted to do was be President, but the media and the Obama campaign ended that dream. So, this is a good consolation prize for her. Plus, it keeps Bill in check...at least it should.

I should also be thrilled Obama decided to keep Robert Gates on. After all, Gates has been a terrific Secretary of Defense, but again, I just don't care too much. Am I supposed to rejoice that Obama demonstrated a small amount of common sense?

I hope this political malaise will end soon, but at this point, I don't see an end in sight. Maybe there will be a "hot button" issue that snaps me out of this. But until then, I guess I'll have to stick to movie ratings and Denver Broncos rants.

No comments: