Sunday, November 9, 2008

Destined for Management

I just had an interesting exchange with my 5 year old, Nicholas. To set the stage, he was really upset because he couldn't find his mini-car King from Disney Pixar's film "Cars." He was ready to stop playing with them all together because he couldn't find The King. So, in swoops Dad to help. After about 2 minutes, I found The King. So, Nicholas runs out to the living room to tell David, his big brother that The King was found. Here's what was said:

Nicholas: "David, I don't have to stop playing with my mini-cars!"
David: "Why?"
Nicholas: "Because I found the King"
Dad: "Who found the king Nicholas?"
Nicholas: (with a huge grin on his face) "We both found him Dad."

I guess the boy is destined to be a manager some day. He's already mastering the art of taking credit for the accomplishments of others. : - )

No comments: