Friday, November 14, 2008

Movie Review: Speed Racer


I went into "Speed Racer" with very low expectations. Frankly, I thought it was going to be cheesy, and difficult to watch. I was very wrong!

While there are multiple "cheesy" moments, the unbelievable over the top nature of this movie made it really fun. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. The entire movie is a mix of CGI and real actors. The majority of the scenes appear to have been shot in front of a green screen. There is comedy for kids, action for people like me, and enough cheesiness for lovers of sappy movies. "Speed Racer" is rated PG, and I think it's appropriate for kids 7 years and older.

One recommendation...if you can, watch it on Blu Ray on a BIG SCREEN! The colors are amazing. I was fortunate enough to watch it on my friend's home theater. He has a 110" screen, 7.1 surround sound, and of course, a 1080p projector with Blu Ray. It was most outstanding!

No comments: