Monday, December 26, 2011

Overdue Movie Reviews

Again, I'm not watching many movies, but I have watched 2 worth rating recently. 

Cars 2"Cars 2":  Those who know me know that my favorite Pixar style animated movie is "Cars".  My kids got "Cars 2" for Christmas so I finally got to watch it.  While it's not as good as the original, and wouldn't make my top 5 list, it's still a really good movie. 

In this sequel, Lightning McQueen is off to race against the best racers in the world in the World Grand Prix.  But, that's not the real story here.  The real story is that Mater, who finally gets to come along to a race, gets mistaken for a secret agent and drawn into a James Bond style action movie.  Along the way, Lightning has to learn the value of a friend, and that he has to accept Mater as he is.

Like I said, really good movie.  I give it 4 stars.

Season of the Witch"Season of the Witch":  The best thing I can say about this Nicholas Cage flick is that it's not terrible.  In fact, if you go into this one with really low expectations, you might actually enjoy it.  I had almost no expectations, and found that it was a bearable 94 minutes of movie watching.

Nothing really stands out in this movie, good or bad.  Basically, if you're really bored, you might enjoy this movie.  Otherwise, stay away.

No comments: