Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas 2012!

We just finished our Christmas Eve Chili and playing some Christmas Carols on our respective musical instruments.  Chili has become a Christmas Eve trend at our house, and with David playing trombone now, we should make a tradition of music on Christmas Eve.

We also went to Mass tonight.  I was astonished at the number of people at Mass...if that many people showed up every week, we'd have to build a gigantic church.  While the Christmas Mass is always a great experience, it always makes me a little sad at the number of people who only show up at a church on Christmas and Easter.  But, at least they were there tonight, and I pray that some of them who wouldn't normally attend, think about coming back next week.

Finally, I would like to wish all my family, friends and loyal readers a very Merry Christmas.  I hope that you are with loved ones this holiday season.  And, remember the real reason we celebrate.  It has nothing to do with a tubby guy in a red suit and everything to do with a little baby, born over 2000 years ago in a manger in Bethlehem.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments: