Thursday, July 28, 2011

Monday Night Madness

The SyFy Channel has gone too far.  Many networks do onr good show in an evening.  Occasionally, we even get 2 good shows in an evening.  But SyFy has dared to put 3 good shows all on Monday night.

Starting at 7 pm, we have Eureka, which is in season 5.  This continues to be one of the better shows on TV, even as the cast continues to evolve.  I'm not sure how season 5 is going to go based on the first 3 episodes, but given the pattern of past seasons, I expect great things.

Then at 8 pm, Warehouse 13 comes on my screen.  This is one that my wife and I both really like.  We laugh a lot while we watch it, but it has enough suspense and action to keep me interested.  Pete Lattimer, played by Eddie McClintock, cracks me up.  This is just a fun show.

Finally, at 9 pm, SyFy unveiled Alphas.  As my wife said, it's like someone took the concept of NBC's Heroes, and made it good.  The concept is similar to Heroes and/or X-Men.  Some people have special abilities, and these people have been nicknamed, Alphas.  A small team of Alphas, led by Dr. Rosen, help the government solve Alpha related crimes.  We're only 3 episodes in, but it seems like SyFy might have hit on another winner.

Add in the fact that TNT has put out a winner in Falling Skies, and I've spent way too much time watching TV over the last month.  Luckily I have a DVR...I really don't know how I ever lived without it.

3 comments:

mediocre coffee said...

I may have to check out Alphas sometime. I really liked the first 1/2 season of Heroes. They had a great concept going until the second half of the season when the writer realized that TV shows don't have the budget to do all the cool special effects movies can do.

Hopefully they don't put Psych on Monday nights...

Julie said...

How about Royal Pains? CHAOS? Rizzoli & Isles? Covert Affairs? Burn Notice? The Closer? Necessary Roughness? Thank goodness for DVRs!!!

Your Wife said...

I like these show so much honey, I might even give up Monday Night Football to watch them. Thinking about it, I really do think I would, especially during the first half of the season.