Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Ultimate Super Hero

About an hour ago, I was at Wendy's with my son. We were talking about super heroes, because that's what he loves to do. He was telling me who his favorite heroes were, and then he asked me who mine was. I thought about a book I've been reading, and finally told him, Jesus Christ! We only talked for a little while longer before we went back to your typical comic super heroes, but hopefully it got him thinking, and maybe it will get you thinking too.

I mean, just think about it. Jesus is the Son of God, so right there He has a leg up on other super heroes. He can walk on water...pretty cool. He can change water into wine, very fun at parties. He can heal the sick, the blind and the lame...always a good skill to have, especially on a super hero team . He can multiply loaves of bread and fish, so you always have something to eat when Jesus is around. He's a natural leader...look at all the people who would follow Him around and hang on His every word. And finally, Jesus defeated the power of death itself...I don't know any other super heroes that can do that (no, Superman doesn't count, because he was only mostly dead after fighting Doomsday).

But seriously, how much better off would the world be if more people thought of Jesus Christ as their hero? If heroes are supposed to be the best examples for us to look up to and try to emulate, there is no better example in all of history than Jesus Christ. I really hope our little chat stuck in my son's brain somewhere, and I hope it sticks in the minds of anyone who reads this blog.

No comments: