Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Darn You Denver Broncos!

Darn you to heck anyhow!!!

I hate it when my sports teams, and me by extension, are made to be a laughing stock. That is what I have been faced with these past 2 days since my Denver Broncos lost to that team of convicted felons known as the Oakland Raiders by a 59-14 margin. The Raiders are the most despised of teams to a Denver Broncos fan, so to lose like that was sickening. I actually had to turn football off on Sunday. I skipped Sunday and Monday night football and all the highlight shows. I just couldn't bear it.

Then today, my boss made a joke at my expense related to the Denver Broncos. It was a very clever, well conceived joke, but I'm not used to this. Also, Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio were having fun at the Broncos expense. It's all foreign to me.

I started following the Broncos in 1986, and they have been competitive almost every year in that 24 year stretch. This team may not win 5 games this year, and that's hard to take, and even harder when it makes your team the butt of every one's jokes. Ugh, it's going to be a long season.

3 comments:

Nuke said...

That was a classic slide of his... one doesn't even have to follow football to appreciate how funny it was.

Jake said...

For those not in on the joke, the slide showed the top 10 books that won't be written...I believe #5 was "Denver Broncos, Success in the 21st Century" by Jake.

Nuke said...

It was slightly better...

Return to Greatness: The Broncos in the 21st Century