Sunday, October 24, 2010

Movie Review: "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"


I've had "Prince of Persia" sitting there, waiting to be watched for about a week now. Netflix was guesstimating that I was going to rate it 3.8 stars, and as it turns out, that's just about right. What I found was a good movie that was almost great.

"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan. He is the youngest of the 3 princes of the Persian empire. After Dastan leads an assault on a supposed traitorous city, he meets Princess Tamina (Gemma Arterton), finds a mystical dagger that allows him to turn back time and the adventure begins. The plot takes several twists and turns that had me on the edge of my seat. But, then it all wrapped up a little too nicely...and I really like nice wrap-ups, but this was a stretch.

Overall, the action is great, the story is good and Jake Gyllenhaal didn't bug me like I feared he would. I think a lot of people will really like this, but I also believe that there will be some, like me, who thinks it all ended a little too easily.

3 comments:

mediocre coffee said...

I used to have this video game on my old macintosh. However, I could never figure out how to beat one of the bad guys.

Jake said...

I could never beat Mike Tyson's Punchout on Nintendo, so I feel your pain.

Nuke said...

Sue on Ms. Pac Man was always my nemesis.