Monday, September 6, 2010

Surprisingly Delicious

On Friday night, I actually got home from work somewhat early. I have been working a lot lately and thus, hadn't done much cooking. For those who know me, I've been getting more and more into cooking, and have been doing a lot of the cooking at home. Anyway, when I got home, I felt like cooking something, but we needed groceries and we had nothing planned. My wife, genius that she is, mentioned we had canned salmon and that she had found a recipe from Paula Deen for Salmon Croquettes using canned salmon.

My first thought was, "Canned salmon? Yuck!" But then I found out it was fried and thought we could give it a try. And I was really glad we did. The salmon croquettes came together really fast and were really good. We had to do some modifications to the recipe because we didn't have green onions. So, to add a little flavor, we mixed lemon pepper into the salmon. It took 3 eggs to get the salmon to bind together, instead of the 1 that the recipe calls for. We also used Panko Bread crumbs, which I really like. After they were done frying, I sprinkled more lemon pepper seasoning on top...it was so good!

And, it's really cheap...1 can of salmon made 8 croquettes. Very good food and very fast, you can't beat that.

No comments: