Monday, January 4, 2010

My Disney Vacation, Part 1

Last week, my wife and I took a 10th anniversary trip to Walt Disney World. This trip was a gift from my really great in-laws, and it was probably the best trip of my life. We had a great time in all 4 Disney Kingdoms, along with some really nice meals and came home with some nice souvenirs.

Because we had so many great experiences, I can't put them all in 1 blog...it would be too long, even for me. So, for the next several blogs, I'm going to talk about each of the great experiences we had.

For the first blog, I'll give some general Disney thoughts and advice.

First off, the Disney World experience is unlike any other. There are so many different things to do, so many different shows to take in, lots of great rides, and some really good restaurants. If you go, you'll have to accept that unless you stay there for several weeks, you'll never get to do everything you want to do.

Second, and this may be the most important...make sure you have comfortable shoes. You will end up walking...a lot. My shoes were, apparently, worn out, and by the 2nd day, my feet and lower back hurt. But, I persevered, and had a great time in spite of the pain.

Finally, you will have to some time waiting in line, but everyone else has to wait in line too. Disney does a great job giving you things to do while waiting in line, so the waits never seem to take too long. Also, everybody there is so nice, that you can strike up a conversation with almost any other group of travelers or any "cast members" to pass the time.

Over the next several days, I'll talk about each of the parks, my favorite rides and shows, some of the better restaurants we ate at, and I'll review the book I read on the plane and the movie we watched at the theater in Downtown Disney.

2 comments:

Erin said...

How awesome, Jake! How fun! Did you leave the kids at home, then, or did they go with? Can't wait to read more about your vacay!

erin

Anonymous said...

You need to get in "Disney Shape"