Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Musings

It's time for another blog of random thoughts, or "Monday Musings" since it's Monday:

Sarah Palin: I hope she sells 6 gazillion books and makes millions of dollars on her new book "Going Rogue". She deserves it after all the garbage that came with being the Republican candidate for VP. If the media had scrutinized President Obama half as much as they scrutinized Palin, Sarah Palin might be Vice President today.

Michelle Wie: The LPGA Tour got what it needed this weekend...Michelle Wie won her first professional tournament. At only 20 years old, it seems like Wie has been on the national golf scene forever. Really it's just been 7 years or so. With revenues declining and sponsorships dropping, the LPGA Tour needs Wie to be a star. Hopefully this is the start of many good things to come for Wie.

Denver Broncos: Here we go again! After winning 6 in a row to start the season, the Broncos have now lost 3 straight and are in danger of falling out of first place in their division. It seems like the same thing happened last year...because it did! And the year before that, and the year before that...this pattern has to stop! I was all set for the Broncos to be awful this year, but they got off to a hot start, and my expectations went way up. I guess it's time to re-evaluate my expectations, as I think this down turn will continue.

Kindle: I have been hearing a lot about Kindle, which is an Amazon product that allows the user to download and read books, without ever having to actually hold a real book. I'm not a huge book reader, but I really like the feel of a book and the smell of the pages. I just don't think you can replace that. Plus, reading on a screen just isn't the same as having paper in front of you. Kindle may be for some people, but I'll still take my local Barnes & Noble, and a real book any day.

2 comments:

BookWorm said...

For those of you who like the benefits that come with an electronic book like Kindle, check out Barnes & Nobles new ereader, the Nook. It is SOOOO much better than kindle. It has a color touch-screen with the ability to add additional memory. Items downloaded onto your nook can be shared with other nook oweners, and you can transfer your downloads to your computer, laptop, or phone. You can also download music and photos onto your nook. None of this is available with a kindle. Check it out at www.bn.com

Jake said...

I still think you should go to Barnes & Noble, or any bookstore, and buy a real book. A digital book just can't replace the real thing.