Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stop! Food Police...

Put that Burger down and walk away slowly! Don't make me taze you!

What have we come to in our society when this trash is front page news on MSNBC? What have we come to when people are making a living running around and deciding what foods are bad for us and then spending their efforts trying to get restaurants to take items off their menus?

Yes, there are actually people who's full time job is to do the following (taken directly from the article): "A few months back, we lambasted the Seared Sea Scallops Salad from Macaroni Grill on the Today Show. That leafy abomination packed in 1,170 calories, 27 grams of saturated fat, and 2,680 milligrams of sodium. That’s more calories than in two Big Macs, and more sodium than you should eat in an entire day!" Yup...that's what they do, they go on the Today Show and attack a restaurant for 1 item on it's menu. And, eventually that restaurant caved and took it off their menu. Now, is that a good thing to eat? Absolutely not! But if you want to eat it once or twice a year when you go to Macaroni Grill, then go for it!

Look, I'm all for eating healthy. I should do more of it, and thankfully my wife tries looks out for me on that front. I'll be the first to admit that I could stand to lose 15 pounds. But, if I want to go to a restaurant and get a juicy burger, I should be able to do that without feeling horrible about myself, or worse yet, having my favorite restaurant remove that burger from their menu under pressure of the "food police."

Let's use a little common sense here people! Is it ok to go to a restaurant and order a 1/2 pound Super-Cheeseburger with fries? Yes! Should you eat that every day? No! The point is, treating yourself on occasion is ok, making a habit of it is wrong. We don't need the "food police" telling us what to eat and what not to eat...we just need to exercise common sense in our eating habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think talking to liberals may be causing your blood pressure more problems than your weight. ;)