Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vaporizer Bar

Last week, I was grilling, and the bar over the flame disintegrated. I looked in the manual, and learned that the part is called a Vaporizer Bar. Today, I went and purchased a new Vaporizer Bar.

I took Nicholas with me on this venture. Nicholas asked me, "What's a Vaporizer Bar?" At the time, the only answer I had was "it keeps juices from the food on the grill from dripping on the flame," which was a good enough answer for him.

However, I wanted to know more. Apparently, beyond protecting the flame, the Vaporizer Bar is also supposed to allow heat to spread more evenly throughout the grill. I've never really noticed if this is true or not. I'll have to pay closer attention during future grillings.

I'm probably the only person in the world who cares about knowing that, but hey, in case anybody else does, now we know.

No comments: