Friday, April 10, 2009

Random Thoughts of the Day...

Here's some random things that have been floating around in my head:

Iraq: Recently President Obama said that it's time for the Iraqi's to stand on their own. Why is it that the US Financial Institutions and the Auto Industry can't do that? I'm just asking...

Rush Limbaugh: Today, Rush started referring to the Somali Pirates and "Maritime Organizers", and spent much of his show likening them to community organizers like Acorn. I had to chuckle.

Movie Review of "Luther": I tried to watch this movie. I was really interested in it, since I grew up Lutheran and then converted to Catholic after getting married. The problem is, the movie seemed to be a compilation of random scenes, rather than an actual story. After 45 minutes, I had no idea what was going on, and I gave up. Therefore, "Luther" gets 1 star, because I couldn't finish it.

Golf League: My golf league starts play on Tuesday...I can't wait! Last year, I finished 4th out of 14 guys. This year, maybe I'll do better or maybe I'll do worse, but whatever happens in will be fun.

Easter: I know, it's not Easter yet, but it will be soon. I think this has been a good Lent for me. I believe I've grown in my faith, and plan to continue that growth, with God's help, beyond Lent. I'm so excited to go to the Easter Vigil on Saturday night. Even if you aren't Catholic, you should try to attend an Easter Vigil once in your life. I get chills several times during the mass. Easter is the holiest day of the year, and the Vigil really puts you in a frame of mind to embrace Easter and Christ's Resurrection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Golf league starts this week. The weather has been so poor I think the first round of golf league may also be the first time I hold a club this year!