Monday, March 2, 2009

Obama should take a Day Off

The DOW plunged another 300 points today, meaning it ended well below 7000. For those of us who are watching our 401k's plummet, we're wondering, when is something going to happen to turn this around?

Meanwhile, President Obama decided today was the day to announce a new Health and Human Services nominee and a new plan to completely change our health care system. I'm no economist, so I have no idea if this announcement is what caused the plunge. What I do know is that there seems to be a pattern since Obama became President where he addresses the media and makes an announcement of some sort. The announcement is then followed by plummet in the stock market.

Again, I'm not an economist, so I really have no idea if these occurrences are related or not. But, I think it's enough of a coincidence, that maybe President Obama should take a day off and we can see what the markets do when Obama doesn't make a new announcement. It can't hurt, can it?

No comments: