Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Music Review: Francesca Batistelli


"My Paper Heart" is the first CD by Christian Musician Francesca Batistelli. If you listen to Christian Radio at all, you've heard her 2 released songs, "Letting Go" and "Free to Be Me". Amanda and the kids starting listening to Christian radio several years ago, and I've gotten into it over the past year. These are 2 of my favorite songs on the radio, so I was thrilled when we got the CD as part of a promotion. I don't buy a lot of music, because I spend most of my free time watching movies, golfing or reading.

"Free to Be Me" and "Letting Go" are the first 2 songs on the CD, and there are 11 in total. Both of those songs have a great message of putting your trust in God. The rest of the CD is very well done. I really liked "Beautiful, Beautiful", "Behind the Scenes", and "Time in Between". All the music is fairly upbeat and it's very eclectic. The sound is hard to describe...it's sort of a cross between Shania Twain and Alanis Morrisette, with a little soul feel thrown in (I suck at comparing musicians, so you should check out http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and listen to their samples).

Anyway, if you like "Free to Be Me" or "Letting Go" or both, you'll probably like the entire CD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOAH! I just checked out a few songs on her myspace. Those are some good songs. Strong lyrics, good beat and amazing voice. I was really surprised how low her voice was when I first heard her. She is definitely an alto. To add to Jakes "sounds like" I would say she sounds like the more upbeat Sara Bareilles songs.