Saturday, March 14, 2009

Golf is Back!

At least for a day, Golf is Back!!! The temperature here in Iowa topped 50 degrees today, and 1 golf course in town was open, so I began my 2009 golf season with 9 holes. The course was actually packed...apparently there are quite a few golf nuts like me out there. I'm not sure when I'll get to play again, hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks, but at least I've gotten my fix to hold me over until I can begin playing more regularly.

I've been anxious for this since I started doing my "golf" exercise routine back in January (ok, I've been anxious since November). Anyway, I didn't play great, in fact, I would classify my play as bad. But, I hit a few good shots and had a great time. In fact, I can't wait to get out there again!

There was a time, not so long ago, when a bad round would wreck the rest of my day. Now I find I am able to find something to enjoy about each round, no matter the quality of my play (sometimes it's really difficult, I'll admit). I would have liked to play better, but I'm never going to be a pro, so why not have a good time?

No comments: