Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Miscellaneous Items of Interest

It's been a few days since I've written a blog. I've been sick with a cold, followed by a sinus infection. Over that time, a few things have piled up.

Throwing Shoes - I realize it's a serious thing when someone throws anything at our President. And, I really think its a travesty the way the media is "laughing" about this more than anything. However, after the "shoe throwing" incident this weekend, all I could think about was the movie Austin Powers. After getting hit by the shoe throwing villain, Austin says:

"That really hurt! I'm gonna have a lump there, you idiot! Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman! "

Obama mulls a 1 trillion dollar stimulus package - Ok, I understand that Obama is trying to mimic what Roosevelt did after the Great Depression, but honestly, where are we going to get 1 trillion dollars? Just asking the question...

Tampa Bay Bucs DE change his name to Stylez G. White - Professional football player Gregory White Jr. has legally changed his name to Stylez G. White. The name change was inspired by the character Rupert "Stiles" Stilinski, from the 1980's movie "Teen Wolf." I'm baffled beyond the capacity to come up with anything witty.

The Jackrabbits are ranked!!! - The South Dakota State Jackrabbits Women's Basketball Team is ranked #22 in the latest ESPN/USA Today Coaches poll. This is the first time the team has been ranked since making the jump to Division 1. Go Jacks!

No comments: