Monday, December 5, 2011

Golden!!!

I now have Gold Status on American Airlines (Yes, that's the airline that just filed for bankruptcy protection!  Don't ruin this for me!).  In fact, I just got my "Gold Card" in the mail.  This little card entitles me to many perks, including bonus miles, so I will get richer in terms of miles...yes, the rich get richer.  I wonder how liberals feel about airline mileage programs.

It's weird, but getting the gold card in the mail actually made me feel good!  I didn't do anything to earn these miles.  All of them were earned while flying for work.  In fact, while I was earning these miles, I got to sit and watch movies, eat good food, and sleep.  Essentially, I was a lazy bum and I got rewarded for it.  Now I'm wondering what conservatives think about airline mileage programs.

All I know for sure is that I'm Gold for the next 14 months.  I'll probably have a few more trips to Brazil in my future.  I'm thinking Platinum comes after Gold, and I'm sure that will be even better.   

3 comments:

Julie said...

You are SOOOO good--Dad and I laughed out loud!

Nuke said...

Funny. :)

You know, when I got to this part: "I didn't do anything to earn these miles. All of them were earned while flying for work. In fact, while I was earning these miles, I got to sit and watch movies, eat good food, and sleep. Essentially, I was a lazy bum and I got rewarded for it," I was thinking one could compare this to the Gospel in a small way... look at what we'll be rewarded with for nothing at all on our part.

I see you get "same day standby" ... maybe that's like getting less time in Purgatory, too, which I'm probably racking up time in just for making this comment. ;)

mediocre coffee said...

IDK Nuke, will time exist in pergatory?