Friday, October 14, 2011

Punkin' Chuckin'

No, this will not be a funny blog, unless you laugh at stupid situations.  Last night my son and I were driving home from his band concert.  We had just made a right turn, when I caught something flying at the right side of our vehicle out of the corner of my eye.  It hit near the front bumper and was very loud.  We circled around to see if we could see anything, and all we could see was half a pumpkin lying in the street.

When we got home, we found the other half of the pumpkin lodged in the grill of our van.  One of the bars in the grill was broken, but thankfully there was no other damage.  The pumpkin was relatively small...and fortunately the people throwing it weren't too accurate.  I think there could have been real trouble if the pumpkin would have hit the windshield or any of the windows.

I'm sure it was stupid kids who did this.  I don't understand that...I never had the urge as a kid to cause damage to other people's property.  I just don't get what drives some people.

Luckily, no real damage was done.  A lot worse things could have happened so we're thankful that we got off as easily as we did.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I have met the lady who had the pumpkin break her windshield last weekend. Glad no one was hurt.