Thursday, January 6, 2011

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Demigod Files


I needed a Percy Jackson fix over Christmas break. One morning, the boys and I were up and everyone else was still sleeping. So, we went to Donutland for breakfast and then to Barnes & Noble to browse. While browsing, I stumbled across "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Demigod Files." I decided to splurge and buy it, since I must read all things Percy Jackson.

This book takes place between books 4 and 5 in the Percy Jackson series, and is a collection of 3 short stories and interviews with some various Demigods, including Percy and Annabeth. Each of the short stories features Percy on some type of mini-quest with another Demigod (remember Demigods have a human parent and a Greek god as a parent). The short stories are classic Percy Jackson, told from the first person, with lots of heroics and humor. Great stuff!

The interviews with the Demigods are also hilarious. Rick Riordan does such a great job writing these characters. I can't wait for more books...if only someone would invent time travel so I could go forward and read the rest of the books in the "Heroes of Olympus" series. Alas, we don't have a Delorean, or a flux capacitor. But if we did...88 mph here we come baby!

Author's Note: If you don't understand the time travel references I just made, I feel pity for you.

Anway, back to the book...if you are in need of a Percy Jackson fix, pick up a copy of "The Demigod Files". It's a quick read and you won't be disappointed.

No comments: