Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life is Good

Why you may ask? Well, because today, my mother-in-law bought us a 42" LG LED-LCD TV. With 1080p capability and a 120 Hz refresh rate, this TV is everything I've ever wanted in a television. I finished hooking it up, and the picture is fantastic. I also picked up an LG BluRay DVD player...didn't buy any BluRay discs though. But, I put in a normal DVD and the picture was outstanding.

The only thing that I haven't been thrilled with so far is the Internet connectivity. I can't get the wireless Internet to connect to it, and I don't have a cable in my living room that I can run to it. I will be calling the Geek Squad about that, because the TV is Netflix capable, so once I get the Internet connected, we can watch Netflix movies on live streaming.

I went with LG because my younger brother has an LG TV that he said he loves, and a coworker recently got an LG TV that he swears by. Plus, it seemed to have the best picture of the 42" TVs on the Wall o' TVs at Best Buy. I'm very happy with this TV and looking forward to years of viewing in full 1080p.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Ok, I guess my brother bought a Vizio, not an LG.

My friend and his family were over today and helped me get the Internet working. Had to reconfigure my wireless router. Netflix streaming direct to the TV works!