Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Rare Victory

This blog is probably going to get me in trouble with all my friends who are University of Iowa fans, but I'll just have to deal with the consequences. Today, the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (my Alma mater), beat the Iowa Hawkeyes in men's basketball, 79-69. It's just the 2nd win all time for the Jacks against a Big Ten School...they are now 2-27 against the Big Ten. So, I will revel in this one a bit.

I think I've blogged before that the Jackrabbits men's basketball team has really struggled since moving to Division 1 in 2004. I was encouraged by what I saw today. I know the Iowa team is down this year, so the win isn't as shocking as some might think. Still, the Jackrabbits played tough, fell behind in the 2nd half, then regrouped and won the game. They've lost a lot of games these past several seasons, so to shake that off and win a game against a major conference opponent is a big deal.

Oh, and don't worry Iowa fans, you get your chance for revenge when Iowa women's basketball team travels to Brookings to play the Jackrabbits later this year.

No comments: