Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Plea for Comments...and Good BBQ

Last week, Nuke did a blog on a "Nobody Reads My Blog" T-shirt, and he got several comments of encouragement. I told him today that I was going to write a blog fishing for comments, just like him, since I've gotten only 1 comment in my last 9 blogs, and it's generally Nuke who comments lately (but not in a stalker sort of way).

Just kidding Nuke...that blog was great. And actually, I've really been struggling with this because I started this blog as a man/nerd diary, but I did hope people would read it and it would prompt them to think, or at least laugh at my wacko thoughts. The lack of comments lately has really bummed me out because I've been really feeling inspired to blog lately, and I have come up with some topics that I think are interesting. Ok...maybe the problem is that my interests are way out there, but I acknowledge that now.

So, I was thinking, what can I write to get people to comment? I even told Nuke I was going to simply post "Please Comment on my Blog if you still read it" but I decided against that. Instead, I decided that I would perform a community service, and hopefully get some comments as well. Anyway, here goes!

I love good Barbecue, and I love a good Barbecue sauce. My favorite sauce is Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy. It's sweet, spicy and smokey. Rich and Sassy is everything you want a Barbecue sauce to be! I eat it on ribs, pork chops and pulled pork to name three. I can't imagine a better barbecue sauce.

But, I am willing to try others! So, if you have a personal favorite BBQ sauce, please post a comment letting me know what your favorite sauce is. Personal recipes are welcome as well. With any luck, all 4 of my readers will post and we'll have 5 good BBQ sauce options. Thanks for taking the time to read my random ramblings...I'll try to keep them random.

11 comments:

Nuke said...

So I suppose commenting first will simply confirm my stalking tendencies. My favorite BBQ sauce lately is actually Budweiser's "Barbecue Sauce" version. I tried one other, but went right back to the standard. It's on the spicy side, so I keep sweeter KC Masterpiece around for the kids. Oh, and Jack Daniel's version is a close second-favorite of mine as well. Strange that I like BBQ named after alcoholic drinks. Hmmm.

Unknown said...

Hi Jake, this is Greg Meier. I read your blog all the time. I've got it setup as an RSS feed to My.yahoo page.

My favorite bbq sauce is KC Masterpiece Hot 'N Spicy.

Mr. Mosey said...

Jake, I read your blog regularly too, whenever it floats to the top of my blogroll. Of course, I don't usually take the time to read the sports ones through completely, but if you happened to make a post that was genuinely interesting to me, I'd almost certainly comment. As with sports (mine run on petrol and yours on gatorade), our tastes for food don't really overlap: the closest I get to BBQ is A-1, but that's a steak sauce (nevermind that I put it on much more than just steaks). In light of our differences (and the lack of universally interesting content on my blog), it shouldn't surprise me (and doesn't) that I've commented more on your posts than you have on mine; I still win, though, because mine has photos. and videos. and madlibs. :)

Julie said...

Jack Daniels is my favorite BBQ Sauce--but you know that! I read your blog all of the time and actually laugh out loud many times. Keep up the good work!

Jake said...

Thanks for all the comments thus far. This is great!

Nuke - had no idea Budweiser made a BBQ sauce...and why are you stalking me? :)

Greg - welcome...I didn't know you read my blog, so this is a great surprise.

Mr. Mosey - you are right, I don't comment enough on your blog. You are currently ahead of me like 3-1 on comments. Also, A1 on more than steaks? That's crazy talk.

Julie (a.k.a. mom) - Thanks!

mediocre coffee said...

I'm speechless. Good thing posting comments doesn't take any speaking muscles.

Erin said...

Jake, I always read your blog. Now, the question is... do you read mine? Heh.

Adam and I are BBQ sauce LOVERS... we love it. We use it all the time, our favorite being to make BBQ turkey pizza. Anyway... we just try new BBQ sauces... I don't think we've doubled up on BBQ sauces in the last 3 - 4 years... and we typically buy it right from the restaurant/store... I think some of our faves have come from Kansas City... anyway. :)

erin

Jake said...

Erin - I had no idea your blog address had changed. Just updated to your new one. I will begin reading again.

Four Hours from Anywhere said...

I read and I am here! I can be stalker #2 if you want; I am up for the challenge. David is pretty much sold on his homemade BBQ sauce (http://tinyurl.com/296cxrb) but in a pinch I like Famous Dave's Spicy one.

Jake said...

Lol...one stalker is enough for me. Thanks for the link to the homemade BBQ sauce!

Brian said...

I grew up eating BBQ in Texas topped with Kraft Original BBQ sauce, so I guess that is my favorite sauce. However, I like BBQ so much that any sauce works for me. People have their preferences and mine is to have the BBQ swimming in the sauce before it ever hits the plate or bread. But, I can understand why a lot of BBQ places in IA serve the BBQ dry with the sauce on the side or on top. Too much wasted BBQ if it does not all get sold.