Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Reviews


"Clash of the Titans": If you recall, several months ago, I posted that the preview for the remake of "Clash of the Titans" was the proper way to do a preview. It's too bad the makers of this movie didn't follow through on the movie. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad flick, but it's too short on the story. I really enjoy Greek Mythology, and this movie sort of glosses over that in favor of another battle scene or some cool special effect. It's as if they ran out of money with all the special effects and had to cut the movie 45 minutes short.

Overall, I give this one 3 stars.


"Despicable Me": We went to "Despicable Me" as a family at the cheap theater last night. Another ok movie that just fell short of being really good. There are quite a few laughs sprinkled throughout, but for me the story fell short of matching the feel good nature of the Pixar films, and "How To Train Your Dragon." My wife and kids on the other hand were rolling with laughter and loved the movie, so perhaps I was just in the wrong mood.

Another 3 star flick.

No comments: