Sunday, April 18, 2010

Movie Review: "Bedtime Stories"


Last night, my boys and I had pizza and a movie night. The movie was "Bedtime Stories" which we watched on Wii Instant Streaming from Netflix.

"Bedtime Stories" is your typical Adam Sandler flick, only for kids. Sandler plays down on his luck Skeeter Barnes, who is sort of estranged from his niece and nephew. When his sister has to leave town for a week, Skeeter is asked to watch the kids at night. To pass the time, he starts telling them bedtime stories. But, things get a little weird when the stories start to occur in his real life.

Like I said, this is your typical Sandler film, though the normal inappropriateness is toned way down. Basically, he's a flawed guy, he gets better, then it all looks horrible, then he saves the day. That's the Sandler formula, and I don't expect it to change any time soon. "Bedtime Stories" is a PG movie, and I think that is a good rating. There were a couple of things I wish I would have previewed, but overall, it was ok for my kids. The kids said this was a 5 star movie, and I give it 4 stars.

No comments: