Saturday, December 12, 2009

Book Review: "The 4400, Promises Broken"


For fans of the TV series "The 4400," the show ended too quickly after only 4 seasons. I count myself among those fans. While I wasn't as disappointed as some with the final episode, I did want to know more. Well, now we have a series of books to tell us more.

"The 4400, Promises Broken" is the 3rd in a series of books that have been released since the series finale, but the first I've read. My wife picked it up for me, without knowing that there were 2 earlier books. But, in my opinion, this book can stand on its own, as long as you watched the TV series.

"Promises Broken" seems to pick up a few months after the series finale. I won't go into too much detail about the book, because if you haven't seen the TV series, it will seem like mumbo jumbo. But, I think if you liked the TV series, you'll like this book. Many of the prominent characters from the show are back in the book. This book is a little more R rated at times than the TV series ever could be, especially with language. But, it never became a distraction. Basically, a good, exciting read.

No comments: