Tuesday, October 13, 2009

They're Everywhere!!!

Remember the "Demolition Man"? If you don't remember, the movie is set in fictitious 2032. Do you remember which restaurant won the franchise wars, meaning that it was now the only restaurant? It was Taco Bell. Well, I think they might have gotten that one wrong. Based on my weekend's travels, I think the restaurant that will eventually replace all others is Subway!

I know I was on Subway about their marketing last week, so 2 Subway blogs within 7 days? Am I really going to go there? Yes I am. Subway is expected to pass McDonald's for most stores worldwide, sometime soon. After driving about 1100 miles over the past 5 days and passing through and around multiple cities of varying sizes, I can report that Subway Restaurants are everywhere! Every town of 1,000 people seems to have a Subway.

In fact, as I think about it right now, I can think of 5 Subway restaurants within a 15 minute drive of my house, compared with only 3 McDonald's. They're taking over...you've been warned.

By the way, I really like Subway's food...I ate it this weekend. It was DELICIOUS!

No comments: