Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Heart Can't Take This!

Anyone who knows me, knows that the Denver Broncos are my favorite football team...pretty much my favorite sports team. This year, they had a tumultuous off season. They got a new coach, traded their Pro Bowl Quarterback, changed defensive schemes, brought in a ton of new players and suspended their Pro Bowl Wide Receiver during the Preseason.

I had predicted that they would go 4-12 this season. I am now officially wrong, and I've never been so glad to be wrong. The Broncos beat the New England Patriots in Overtime today to improve to 5-0! Led by a strong defense and timely offense, the Broncos continue to surprise me.

I hadn't watched the first 3 games of the season, because they weren't televised. The last 2 games have been televised, and, frankly, my heart can't take much more suspense. Last week, the Broncos came from behind to go ahead of Dallas, then had a goal line stand to preserve the win. This week, they tied the game with about 5 minutes to go, then stopped the Patriots twice, before kicking the winning field goal in OT. My heart was racing so fast when that kick went through. Don't get me wrong though, I'll take these wins over a loss any day. Here's hoping the Broncos can keep it up.

No comments: